Investors want to secure their hard-earned money, but at the same time, they want their money to work for them and provide handsome returns. While Indian investors have been conservative in their mutual funds investments in the past, they are also starting to open up to schemes that can bring higher returns. Thankfully, plenty of investment plans and options are available in India that can cater to all kinds of investors.
It is of course important to be prudent enough to optimise returns without putting the capital at risk. Here are top 5 small investment plans where an investor can choose to benefit from higher returns without putting the capital at high levels of risk.
- Public Provident Fund (PPF)
- National Savings Certificate (NSC)
- Post Office Monthly Income Scheme (POMIS)
- Post Office Time Deposit Scheme (POTD)
- Senior Citizens Savings Scheme (SCSS)